Coaching is Your Key To Success
Sharpen Your Interpersonal Skills with Coaching
What Are Interpersonal Communication Skills?
Merriam-Webster defines interpersonal as “relating to or involving relations between people: existing or happening between people.” They define communication as “the act or process of using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors to express or exchange information or to express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc., to someone else.” And, finally, they define skills as “the ability to do something that comes from training, experience, or practice.”
Simply put, interpersonal skills, sometimes called “social skills,” are what we use to communicate and interact with other people. Some of us develop these skills quite naturally as we make our way through life and experiences, while others need to work at developing the skills. Good interpersonal skills can be learned and Pamela can help!
Why Do I Need Strong Interpersonal Skills?
The ability to express yourself with finesse is an art. Developing and strengthening your ability to clearly articulate your message at work and at home, in a way that others can receive it, will result in a more satisfying personal and professional life.
Learning how to communicate effectively means more than “swapping” information. By merely trading information, we ignore the fact that there is an emotional component in our exchange. You put emotion into your message and you evoke emotion from the respondent. In the moment the message is sent and received, most people react emotionally, not rationally, so learning how to craft your message will in turn help you when you are given news and must react spontaneously.
We are relying more and more on emails and texts. It’s very difficult to impart inflection into a few written words (other than attempting to find just the right emoticon), so we are losing the ability manage on-the-spot verbal confrontation. In a face to face exchange, you don’t have the luxury of time to think about what you’re going to say. You constantly need tools in your tool belt so you can pull them out in a moment’s notice and Pamela Beaudet will help you develop those tools.
If you are willing to ‘do your work’ and are open to hearing the truth from a communications professional, Pamela would love to work with you!
How Can Pamela Help YOU?
- Do you need to have a hard conversation with someone at home or at work?
- Want to be more assertive without being abrasive?
- Do you have a personal or professional conflict that you want to resolve?
- Do you want to be more tactful?
- Do you want to learn how to deliver feedback, or dare I say, criticism?
- Would your life be easier if you could handle feedback or criticism better?
- Do you and your partner or ex-partner need help fighting fair?
- Is there a difficult person in your life?
- Need to set boundaries?
- Are you dating and want to send the right messages to a potential partner, or even get that second date?
- Would you like to be more persuasive in your verbal and written communication?
If you answered ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, then you should be working with Life Coach, Pamela Beaudet!